Computational thinking is a vital skill that allows learners to solve problems in the same manner as a computer, and as such forms the cornerstone of future ready thinking. Throughout this course you will be guided to explicitly introduce your learners to computational thinking concepts:
- logic (predicting and analysing);
- algorithms (making steps and rules);
- decomposition (breaking down into parts);
- patterns (spotting and using similarities);
- abstraction (removing unnecessary detail); and
- evaluation (making a judgement).
This phase will be focusing on obtaining a deeper understanding of computational thinking concepts through tinkering, collaborating, persevering, debugging and creating. During this phase we will be focusing on logic, algorithms and decomposition.
To build a better understanding, watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbnTZCj0ugI
Let’s go on this journey with our students!